Cambodia Vision’s experienced Surgeons, General Practitioners, Anaesthetists, Pharmacists, Optometrists and Nurses from Australia will be coming to Kampong Speu Referral Hospital again between 20 and 25 October 2013. In 2012, Cambodia Vision
– Assessed 2,800 patients from 18 provinces
– Provided free cataract treatment to 371 patients
– Distributed 1,500 pairs of reading glasses
– Distributed 3,000 pairs of sunglasses
– Distributed 200 T-Shirts
– Distributed 1,000 hearing aids to adults and children and local hospitals and
– Visited 126 HIV/Aids orphans in Preah Kethmealea Hospital and distributed toys and food.
Services provided to eligible patients in 2013 include:
1. Free eye assessments
2. Free cataract treatment
3. Free 1,500 pairs of reading glasses
4. Free 4,000 pairs of sunglasses
5. Free 1,500 hearing aids for both adults and children and
6. Free laser treatment to patients who previously had cataract surgery.
Cataract patients who receive treatment will receive:
1. Free antibiotic eye drops;
2. Free anti-inflammatory eye drops;
3. Free 100 pain tablets;
4. Facial tissues;
5. Eye shield;
6. A pair of sunglasses; and
7. 20,000 Riel to return home after surgery.
Please note: these are only provided for cataract patients receiving treatment. Patients and their carers will also be provided with two free meals a day and accommodation at the hospital while waiting to be treated. Places and supplies are limited, please register early by calling Dr Kak Vathnak at Kampong Speu Referral Hospital on 012 724 309.
It will be a first in first serve basis. Media Contact: Thida Yang firstname.lastname@example.org